Wednesday, November 17, 2010

China Glaze Awakening for Halloween 2010

Free time is a dangerous thing when you're a polish addict.  Today after I got done teaching I wandered into Sally Beauty Supply and was greeted by an amazing find: The China Glaze Awakening collection for Halloween 2010...
Zombie Zest, Mummy May I, Ick-A-Bod-Y

ON CLEARANCE!

 

China Glaze has been nailing it lately and this collection is nothing short of fantastic.  It consists of three wonderfully named glitters: Mummy May I, Zombie Zest, and Ick-A-Bod-Y.

Mummy May I is purple glitter in a dark purple base.  This polish is along the lines of Deborah Lippmann Bad Romance but without the different sized glitter.  Already having Bad Romance I could've passed on this one, but it was only two dollars!  It went on a little sheer and streaky, I needed three coats.
  
China Glaze Mummy May I, three coats, indoors with flash

 Zombie Zest is a boogery green glitter.  With one coat it makes your nails look like deathly Zombie nails, I could see this being a good look to go with a costume.  After three coats it was opaque, and I have to say this polish has one of the best applications of any that I've ever tried.

China Glaze Zombie Zest, one coat
China Glaze Zombie Zest, three coats, shade
Zombie Zest also has a fantastic glitter in the sun!  The picture doesn't do it justice, but you can get kind of an idea.

China Glaze Zombie Zest, three coats, direct sunlight

And finally my favorite, Ick-A-Body-Y.  First of all, I LOVE the name, especially imagining the situation in which somebody might say that.  This polish is orange glitter in a green base.  The color combination makes me think of pumpkins and scarecrows and all things Fall.  After applying one coat I  thought holy cow, it looks like I have dirty, grimy corpse hands!  Another perfect Halloween accessory, I would totally wear just one coat of this.
China Glaze Ick-A-Bod-Y, one coat
I ended up wearing it as a manicure in two coats.  It's cool because the glitter stayed towards the base of my nail, so in sunlight you can see more of the green showing through at the tips.

China Glaze Ick-A-Body-Y, two coats, with flash
China Glaze Ick-A-Bod-Y, two coats, shade
Mummy May I and Ick-A-Bod-Y were very gritty and would need one or even two coats of seche vite to make them smooth.  The dry time on all these polishes was good.  I know they're for Halloween, but honestly I was a little surprised to see them on clearance.  Maybe it's because I'm a junkie, but I would wear these outside of October.  What do you think?  Which do you like?  Would you wear them all year round?

No comments:

Post a Comment